Saving thousands of dollars on your student loan debt seems ideal, and that’s just what SoFi promises. Is it legit, though?
SoFi is a modern finance company. They partner with members to offer great service and low rates for student loan refinancing, mortgages and personal loans
But if it the right student loan refinancing company for you?
Want Free Money?
- Aspiration: Want to get spotted a $150 for free? Simply sign up for Aspiration, and the free banking app will give you cash for free, you just relax while it gives you $150 just for opening a new debit card. There’s no catch. This bank account is legit and only takes two minutes to sign up for an account.
Pro tip: Surveys are quick, easy, and can pay you cash from the comfort of your home. No wonder they are so popular. Survey Junkie, Branded Surveys, Swagbucks, and InboxDollars are just a few of the best survey sites to make money.
Let’s find out, together in our SoFi review.
What is SoFi?
SoFi or Social Finance, Inc. is an online personal finance company that provides student loan refinancing, mortgages and personal loans.
Who is SoFi Best For?
SoFi is quickly becoming one of the largest providers of student loan refinancing and consolidation. SoFi is good for refinancing or consolidating student loans or anyone that has good or excellent credit score.
Visit SoFi to learn all of their options to see what they have for you.
- Student Loan Refinance and Student Loan Consolidation
- Auto Payment, Career Support, Cosigner Option
SoFi Student Loan Refinancing Rates
Student Loan Refinance: 2.58% APR – 7.25% APR
- Student Loan Refinance Variable Rates: 2.58% – 7.07%
- Student Loan Refinance Fixed Rates: 3.25% – 7.25%
The company currently has a variable rate of 2.58% – 7.07% and fixed rates between 3.25% – 7.25%.
Rates are subject to change. You can get your student loan refinancing custom rate in 3 minutes or less by clicking here.
SoFi Loan Length
Loan Length: 5, 7, 10, 15, 20
You can get a loan through them for a 5, 7, 10, 15, or 20-year term. Speak to one of their representatives to figure out the best loan length that works for you.
SoFi Loan Amounts
The company currently offers student loan refinancing and consolidation for loans between $5,000 and $300,000.
To qualify for this loan, you will need to have an excellent credit history and be able to prove that you have an adequate income to pay off the loan. Please talk to a representative to discuss other criteria that might apply to you and your application for refinancing your student loans.
Is SoFi Safe?
SoFi has an A+ rating on the BBB page. They also have 162 customer reviews with an average of 2/5 stars.
More SoFi Info:
BBB File Opened: 09/12/2012
Years in Business: 7
Business Started: 6/17/2011
Business Incorporated: 6/17/2011 in CA
Accredited Since: SoFi is not BBB accredited.
Type of Entity: Corporation
SoFi Headquarters: 1 Letterman Dr Bldg A STE 4700, San Francisco, CA 94129-1494
SoFi Contact Information:
- (888) 837-3328
Why Should You Refinance Your Student Loan Debt?
1. It’s simple to check your rate and can save you a lot of money
There are a lot of competing student loan companies and that’s good for you. That means you can get the best possible interest rate which can save you a lot of money. The average user saves $18,668 when refinancing. You can check your rate for all of the lenders on this page in under 3 minutes.
2. If you have a high interest rate on your student loans
Fortunately, for many graduates, refinancing can be a great opportunity to help with loan payments. If you have federal or private student loans with an interest rate over 4%, then refinancing them will save you a lot of money. Student loans with 6.8% interest rates mean that you’ll need to pay $586 a month in interest alone for every $100,000 you owe. You could also refinance your student loans to a longer term to help lower your monthly payments.
3. If you don’t qualify for public student loan forgiveness
Public student loan forgiveness (PSLF) was created in 2007 in order to encourage graduates to pursue full-time work in public sectors including nonprofits and government organizations. If you are working in one of these fields, and have been consistent with your payments, it’s best to weigh your options and see if refinancing or PSLF will save you more money over the life on your student loan.
4. Have more questions?
If you want to learn more about student loans before refinancing student loans with SoFi, here are some good student loan resources to consider:
- Want to pay off your student loans and need an actual repayment plan? Here’s everything you need to know to get started.
- Looking for the top rated student loan refinancing companies? Find out the top rated student loan refinancing companies.
- In a position where you actually NEED more student loans? If so, do it the right way. Here’s how to find the best private student loans.